Career day and boot camp type of events are planned throughout the year at each school. Hearing from real world professionals from a variety of backgrounds about their careers really brings occupations to life for students. There are opportunities for speakers in individual classrooms and for school-wide events. Time commitments vary and can be tailored to suit the business partner.
Some suggested topics to cover might be:
- Description of your personal career journey and education required
- What about your job inspires you to be passionate about your career?
- What about your job is challenging?
- What core academic subjects are important to success in your career?
- What advice might you give a student interested in a career in your field?
Please contact us if you are willing to explore speaking to students about your career area in the future.
Together we create...
AWARENESS: increased knowledge of local opportunities
ALIGNMENT: strong relationships between local educators and employers
RELEVANCE: connections between classroom work and the real world of work